Do you want to work in a progressive organisation, a premier brand and a consistently evolving workplace? Coming out of its 5th year of double digit growth, EY is a dynamic environment where change is never far away. If this sounds like what you look for in your job and you think you can help us tell our story, then maybe EY could be the place for you.
As the Head of Corporate Communications you will report to the Managing Partner and will serve a multifaceted role encompassing public relations, corporate communications, internal communications, and reputation management in addition to public affairs.
You will work closely with EY Ireland’s Managing Partner and the Irish Leadership Team to maintain and strengthen EY Ireland’s brand, reputation, and visibility across the island of Ireland.
Your role involves engaging key internal and external audiences, creating powerful messages, storylines, and communications programs which drive awareness both internally and externally.
In addition, you will be instrumental in ensuring consistency of messages across audiences, reinforcing the vision and corporate objectives, including pertinent corporate/brand image, identity and competitive positioning.
Internal Communications (‘IC’)
- You will develop and drive the implementation of an engaging internal communication strategy that supports the embedding of EY Ireland’s business Strategy and Purpose of Building a Better Working World.
- Working collaboratively with EY’s Managing Partner and Irish Leadership Team, a key focus for you will be to align all internal communications across all four client facing Service Lines and Core Business Services.
- You will ensure that EY employees fully understand EY Ireland’s business strategy, the part they play in delivering it and the progress they’re making towards achieving it.
- In the role you will develop IC strategies to support key organisational change initiatives and other high-impact announcements.
- Measuring, reviewing and optimising the effectiveness of IC through analytics and feedback to drive increased employee engagement levels. Provide data-driven insight and recommendations to leadership.
External Communications (‘EC’)
As EY’s Brand Communications leader you will
- Shape EY Ireland’s corporate narrative across the island of Ireland.
- Lead the development of EY Ireland’s media strategy, brand messaging and high stakes communications to support key programs along with the firms engagement with clients and communities across the island of Ireland
- Partner with team leads across Marketing and Business Development to maintain strategic alignment across all communications initiatives
You will be a Strategic advisor to the senior management and will
- Act as a strategic communications advisor to the Managing Partner
- Support and coach partners in external speaking opportunities & media activity to build leadership profiles and EY’s reputation
- Challenge and influence partners to develop communications propositions, best in class thought leadership and increase the effectiveness of our overall brand marketing and communications activity.
With overall responsibility for Media Relations you will
- Develop and manage the company’s crisis communications strategy while assessing the changing reputational risks posed by external factors including regulatory, political and evolving consumer/public sentiment.
- Build and maintain targeted media relations across multiple industries on the island of Ireland
- Where relevant, manage PR Agency partner relationships.
- You will direct and oversee the media relations strategy for key firm wide programmes such as, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
As a leader you shall
- Mentor, develop and lead a best in class team to consistently deliver the highest quality deliverables externally and internally.
- Ensure team members have specific measurable objectives aligned to the strategic priorities and key business / commercial KPIs with robust personal development plans in place.
- Seamless alignment and collaboration across a multiplicity of cross jurisdictional stakeholders particularly the EY UK and Global Communication teams talent growth and development
In Public Affairs you will work
- With EY’s Managing Partner and Head of Government and Infrastructure, manage key government relationships
- As part of our EY Entrepreneur of The Year Programme, work in collaboration with the EOY Government Sub Committee on their Government engagement strategy
- You will have a Degree in related field and / or 15+ years of experience in Corporate Communications including PR, Crisis Management, Community Relations, Media Relations,
Executive and Employee Communications.
- You will demonstrate experience in building and managing media programs that deliver measurable results.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative.
- Proven ability to drive employee engagement or large scale internal communications initiatives
- You have a self-starter approach to work and are a strong problem solver.
- You possess exceptional writing and editing skills and can bring to life strategic communications plan development, news releases, fact sheets, talking points, and executive briefing documents.
- You have excellent persuasive written and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- The ability to roll your sleeves up and build out the programs while also bringing strategic insights and framework to this function.
- You are an exceptional communicator with fantastic collaboration skills and a track record of successfully interfacing with executives and influencers both internal and external.
Travel Approximately 20%.
Who We Are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Apply on LinkedIn here.
Simon has a vision of Society where no one is homeless. All people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, are given every opportunity to realize their potential to live fulfilled lives in appropriate homes of their own. Simon is recognized for providing innovative solutions to ending homelessness and for influencing government policy and public opinion.
The Simon Communities of Ireland is an affiliation of eight communities in Cork, Dublin, Dundalk, Galway, the Midlands, the Mid West, the North West and the South East. Simon has been working with people who are homeless in Ireland since 1969.
Purpose of the Role:
To coordinate, implement and communicate the national policy and campaigning agenda of the Simon Communities in Ireland working closely with the local Simon Communities to develop agreed policy positions in relation to all aspects of homelessness, enabling us to communicate common campaign messages and to exert maximum influence. This includes the coordination and implementation of national campaigns e.g. Simon Week – annual awareness week. In addition, to provide communications support is provided for National fundraising activities and the Communities as required.
Key Results Areas:
1. Policy – coordination and implementation of national policy activities
* To lead the development of proposals for change in public policy that will impact positively on people who are homeless and contribute to preventing homelessness, ending long-term homelessness and rough sleeping.
* To lead in the identification of national strategic priorities for the national budget and public policy development.
* To lead in the development of new policy and legislative positions and papers liaising with legal advisors and other specialists to translate policy positions into concrete legislative proposals.
* To work closely with the government, decision makers and policy makers to highlight homelessness, the causes and solutions.
* To campaign and lobby to have solutions reflected in government policy.
* To work closely with the Board and with local communities via agreed structures to ensure the implementation of an agreed programme of national activities.
* To contribute to the process of setting strategic direction.
* To identify new work areas and priorities for policy analysis.
* To take responsibility for the development of practical policy advice on a wide range of social policies.
* To support Communities in relation to information/data collection, submissions and stakeholder meetings.
* To represent Simon nationally and internationally e.g. NHCC and FEANTSA.
* To manage a rolling schedule of meetings with key national policy stakeholders.
* To work with alliances of NGOs to build support for the measures needed to tackle homelessness.
* To engage in collaborative partnerships as required/appropriate.
2. Campaigns – campaign coordination and implementation
* To coordinate and implement national campaigns e.g. Simon Week in conjunction with the Communities and national office colleagues on an annual basis.
* To develop and organize a series of annual national events and activities.
* To coordinate national advertising and media plan for such campaigns, as required.
* To work with the fundraising section to manage sponsor relationships, as required.
* To support the Communities in relation to campaigning activities as required/appropriate.
3. Research – development of an information and evidence base
* To utilize local Simon Communities’ knowledge and experience of working with people across the country to strengthen influence and campaigning work.
* To ensure SCI engages in research and analysis on relevant public policy and on national and international policy and service developments relating to homelessness and to provide advice to the Board and local Simon Communities on these matters.
* To engage in purposeful research supporting our positions and exploring new trends/issues e.g. Health Snapshot Studies, Finding the Way Home, Age & Opportunity Research.
* To ensure the flow of accurate and timely information from the National Office to the Communities and other key stakeholders.
* To monitor and analyse new research and trends.
* To support the Communities in relation to research as required/appropriate.
4. Communications – national communications and public relations activities
* To manage brand awareness, development and ownership and protect brand reputation. Identify brand commonalities across communities and ensure marketing and PR strategy is consistent with those of local communities.
* To solidify identity as lead agency vindicating rights of homeless people….
* To manage communications and public relations activities/events effectively to ensure maximum impact.
* To prepare media statements and briefings, supporting the strategic goals of the organisation.
* To create and maximise media opportunities.
* To advance national data collection and collation to support national policy and communications.
* To maximise potential within new technologies and social networking communications opportunities.
* To liaise with the Communities and the National Office in terms of media messaging and positioning through relevant fora and processes.
* To develop and maintain relationships with members of the media
* To act as National Spokesperson speaking on behalf of all eight Communities at a national level in relation to policy and strategy matters.
* To liaise with a range of target audiences including the media, members of the general public, corporate sponsors etc.
* To support the Communities in relation to communications/PR as required/appropriate.
* To coordinate regular collective messaging processes involving the Communities and the national office.
* To provide communications support to the national office fundraising team and for National Fundraising Campaigns, as required.
* To ensure that all those with responsibility for public messaging are aware of the messaging and communication guidelines.
* To ensure that national publications produced meet the highest possible standards, publications include the Annual Report, briefing documents and other research reports.
* To manage simon.ie and other social media platforms e.g. facebook and twitter.
Requirements of all Simon staff:
* Commitment to the purpose of the Simon Communities of Ireland and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
* To participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
* To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice within your area of work and within National Office as a whole.
* To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner.
* To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
* Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
* Participate in and engage with a performance management programme.
* Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
* To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
* To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
* To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
* To undertake your work in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Job Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the work.
* Masters Degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism or Social Policy.
* 5 years experience in a communications, marketing, social policy or journalist role.
* Experience of developing and implementing media, policy advocacy or marketing campaigns.
* Experience of representing an organisation to the public or/and media and the political system.
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of housing, homelessness and social exclusion.
* Knowledge of the environment in which non-governmental organisations operate.
* Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives.
* Proven leadership skills and experience with a record of achievement.
* Confident using social media for work purposes.
* Developing and successfully managing relationships with partners, external stakeholders and funders.
* Excellent organisational and planning skills. Ability to deal effectively with competing demands.
* Excellent written communication skills. The ability to write or present accurately and for a variety of audiences.
* Ability to assimilate, understand and re-present large amounts of content quickly.
* Engaging communicator with excellent presentation skills, to small and large groups.
* Proven ability to handle volatile and challenging situations.
* Ability to manage and analyse data to drive effective decisions and innovation.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Public Relations & Communications
- Public Policy
- Public Relations
- Project Management
Apply on LinkedIn here.
Bank of Ireland’s External Communications team is seeking a candidate for maternity cover.
The applicant should have excellent media management and engagement, reputation management, and proactive and reactive external communications advice and counsel to senior executives across the Group.
The External Communications team manages the Group’s corporate reputation and implements a PR/communications strategy for the Group.
This involves supporting the business by creating and implementing communication plans for a range of divisions across the bank and delivering communications advice and counsel to senior executives across the Group.
The External Communications team manages the press office, and creates external messaging (press releases, statements, responses to media enquiries etc.), ensuring they are delivered effectively.
This is an opportunity to deploy your media relations expertise and develop your skills within a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Delivering high level communications advice and counsel to senior executives across the Group
- Supporting the growth of the business by creating, developing and implementing strategic communication plans
- Liaising with journalists on a daily basis, identifying and promoting newsworthy stories and topics of interest
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Experience and skills:
- Strong media management experience is required for this role.
- At least five years’ experience in corporate and/or consumer public relations is required.
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability in delivering a strategic end-to-end communications plan in partnership with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Proven business and commercial acumen in dealing with a complex internal and external stakeholder environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Ability to work comfortably and efficiently in a collaborative setting
- Familiar with new and emerging technologies and social media that support content/message delivery and measurement
The Child and Family Agency was established on 1st January 2014 and is responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children. It represents the most comprehensive reform of services for the development, welfare and protection of children and the support of families ever undertaken in Ireland. It is an ambitious move which brings together some 4,000 staff at over 400 locations across Ireland who were previously employed within Children and Family Services of the Health Service Executive, the National Educational Welfare Board and the Family Support Agency.
||Tusla – The Child and Family Agency
||Tusla Corporate Office, Brunel Building, Heuston South Quarter, Dublin 8
||25 February 2019
|Position / Title
||Content Curation & Internal Engagement Officer
||Corporate Communications Team
||Head of Communications.
|How To Apply
||Via Tusla Recruit Portal — https://tusla-candidate.wizzki.com/LiveJobs/jobApply/70537
by 12 noon on 25 February 2019
The Child and Family Agency has responsibility for the following range of services:
- Child Welfare and Protection Services, including family support services
- Family Resource Centres and associated national programmes
- Early years (pre-school) Inspection Services
- Educational Welfare responsibilities including School completion programmes and Home School Liaison
- Domestic, sexual and gender based violence services
- Services related to the psychological welfare of children
The strategic direction for all Tusla communications across all channels for the next three years will be directly aligned to the renewed Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives of the new Tusla Corporate Plan (2018 -2020).
Further information is available on www.tusla.ie
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all content created is aligned with Tusla’s renewed vision, mission, values and objectives of the Tusla Corporate Plan (2018 -2020)
- Contribute to the creation of a comprehensive and sustainable employee engagement strategy
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to all employees and stakeholders
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as staff intranet, staff newsletter and regular email bulletins. The successful candidate will also be required to work on the layout of content.
- Identify content generation opportunities to feed into the corporate communications content planning calendar, for dissemination across internal and external channels
- Identify opportunities to improve our editorial process for content
- Storyboard or translate ideas for graphic design of relevant communications assets
- Draft messages or scripts from senior management for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Create and disseminate engaging content to provide timely and effective content marketing
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure content is accurate
- Edit, proofread and improve writers’ posts as required
- Deliver guidance to internal clients on content generation
- Show commitment to consistency and excellence across all our content in terms of quality and tone of voice
- Identify opportunities for cross-promotion of content across all our platforms
- Repurpose content for different mediums including social media, video, infographics, etc.
Please refer to Candidate Information Pack for further information: click here.
Applicants must by the closing date of application have the following:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role in a large organisation developing, managing and delivering internal communications strategies and implementation plans across a number of different locations and functional areas.
- Experience of identifying, curating and editing engaging content for dissemination across various internal engagement platforms.
- Experience of working with employee engagement platforms and information technology in general (intranet, newsletters/applications, email bulletins, etc.), including digital and video means of production and communication.
Cairn Homes plc is the premier housebuilding company in Ireland. Having delivered a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in June 2015, we also listed on the Irish Stock Exchange in July 2017 and have a current market cap of €1.3bn. We are well positioned to continue to expand our operations with a highly attractive, wholly owned land bank of c. 14,500 units strategically located in the Greater Dublin area. We are active on 13 developments which will deliver over 3,750 new homes with a further 4 site commencements anticipated over the next 6-12 months. We are looking to expand our talented team to support and deliver our growth plans.
Cairn is looking for a high calibre Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing lead, this role will provide support to the marketing lead, manage their own portfolio of developments and contribute to the overall Cairn brand and marketing strategy.
Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
- Plans and executes the multi touch point marketing plan for assigned projects including management of marketing budget and delivery of marketing materials within allocated budget. Facilitates and manages all marketing processes that successfully brings Cairn offerings to the relevant segments/markets
- Develop an approach to media planning that embraces a move towards segmented marketing planning to address our key target groups across the prospect pool
- Take ownership of all ATL and BTL marketing operations/processes, including liaison with the creative, graphics, printing and other 3rdparties/agencies
- Define an integrated, standardised and holistic marketing strategy, resulting in a clear approach to how we communicate our key messages and ensure it’s understood and adopted by all of our people.
- Drive processes to effectively partner with cross-functional teams and external partners in order to develop integrated strategies and programs
- Leverage insights and understanding of how other industries communicate and engage their customers.
- Manage post campaign analysis to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for media strategy & planning development
- Aggregate and develop key actionable insights based on existing and new customer data to result in a clear understanding of the triggers that engage our target customers. e.g. What analysis needs to be done now? What would a targeted demographic of target customers (Dublin based, 25-35 years) say about buying a new home? What can we learn? How can we help address barriers to purchase?
- Deliver an understanding of customer segmentation in how we can better market our homes to multiple and very different classes of buyer – first time buyers, the investor, new parents, the second or third time purchaser, empty nesters, the retired community, foreign market, expats etc.
- 4-6 years of marketing experience.
- Understanding and experience in residential property a plus.
- Media strategy, planning and analysis experience – Agency or client side.
- Thorough understanding in online and offline media landscape.
- Experience in fast moving, dynamic business environment, working to tight deadlines and prioritising workload.
- Ability to develop relationships with the variety of stakeholders in the marketing process from the end customer, construction site teams, estate agents and multiple departments within Cairn.
- Presentation skills and ability to present confidently at a senior level.
- Dynamic, proactive, can-do spirit and attitude; willingness to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Proven customer analytics capability resulting in actionable insights and breakthrough.
- Externally focused and competitive; has strong insight into how other organisations are engaging customers, adapting and changing marketing behaviour.
- Critical and analytical thinker – will challenge traditional viewpoints and understanding root cause / the ‘why’.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in writing exceptional business and social marketing content.
Apply on LinkedIn here.
Are you a talented Account Manager/Senior Account Manager looking for an exciting new challenge or perhaps, you are a Senior Account Executive looking to take the next step in your career?
||Cranford House, Montrose, Dublin 4
|Position / Title
||Brand & Consumer Account Manager / Senior Account Manager
|How To Apply
||cover letter and CV to DUBfirstname.lastname@example.org
NB Reference: Brand & Consumer Senior Account Manager / Account Manager
Due to winning some exciting new blue chip clients, we are looking for a focused thinker with a killer creative spark and excellent client management skills! We’ll expect you to work collaboratively within our team and make a difference from day one. In return, we offer a great benefits package, long term career prospects, and a brilliant working environment.
- Develop a solid understanding of the client’s products, market, and industry
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for their business and leverage your understanding to unlock new business opportunities for Teneo
- Unleash your creative brilliance through the development of stellar, innovative brand campaigns
- Develop strategic brand communications plans
- Ensure the quality output and delivery of client projects on time and on budget
- Day to day client and internal communication and management as you progress the project according to the project plan to include cross-functional collaboration within the Teneo Group
- Protect and grow revenue through effective financial administration, including estimate generation, billing, and third-party financial administration
- Monitor and measure campaign performance on an ongoing basis post-go live in the context of campaign KPIs and report both internally and externally
- Oversee, encourage, and mentor junior team members to function cohesively as part of the team
- Be actively involved in new business efforts as and when required
- Excellent media and influencer contacts
- Experience managing campaigns from start to finish
- Demonstrable experience in developing creative brand ideas
- A passion for PR, media and communications
- Excellent writing, media relations, organisational, and interpersonal skills
- A relevant third level qualification in the public relations / communications area
- An ability to work to tight deadlines across several different accounts
- An absolute passion for social media
- Proficient in all MS Suite
- A self-starter, ability to think on your feet and make tough decisions with a desire to embrace responsibility and take ownership
- Excellent client-facing and presentation skills delivered with integrity
- A process-oriented individual, with an appreciation and understanding of project management
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must, coupled with personal pride in every output you deliver
- Ownership of managing projects against budget, therefore delivering profitable work
- Strong work ethic with a team player attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
What we offer:
Teneo is a highly talented, highly engaged workforce. Our 2018 employee survey (94% response) described our culture as Fun, Friendly and Hardworking. 100% said they liked working with all of their colleagues. As one of the largest Public Relations businesses in Ireland we can offer some great benefits;
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Early home Fridays
- Health care contribution
- 25 days annual leave
- PRSA facility
- Weekly Ways of Working workshops
- Annual health checks
- Flu injections/ on site eye testing
- Budding and Mentoring system
- Summer & Xmas company parties.
- Bike to work scheme
- Travel saver
- Fresh fruit delivered every day
- Subsided Massages
- Canteen facilities
- Sports club Subvention
- CSR Programme
ClearStory International is an international public relations agency with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. With 30 clients across 15+ countries, we work with the world’s most promising early stage startups and internationally focused businesses to build their profiles in new and existing markets.
ClearStory International is recruiting for a Senior Account Executive role as our client list expands.
You will be working with some of the fastest growing companies around the world to tell their story and generate media interest. You will liaise with international and regional publications/broadcasters including TechCrunch, New York Times, BBC, Channel News Asia and others to produce impactful client coverage.
You will be responsible for everyday client servicing and the execution of targeted media campaigns around the world as well as travelling to coordinate some of the largest tech conferences globally.
- Media targeting and research
- Assisting in the planning and execution of international media campaigns
- Drafting of press releases and other materials
- Media relations
- Messaging and storyboard creation
- Client reporting
- Client relations
- International event coordination
- Travel is required
Who You Are
- You have an interest in technology and startups
- You are ambitious, career driven and keen to build an international media contact list
- You are flexible, adaptive and proactive
- You have an interest in global affairs
- You are organised and have a good eye for detail
- You are solution focused
- You can work to tight deadlines in a high-stress environment
- You are friendly and have good people skills
- You work well as part of a small team
- You have strong writing skills and grammar
- You have a good instinct for interesting editorial content
Qualifications and requirements
- 3+ year plus of agency experience
- Third level degree OR relevant communications or PR qualification/diploma
- Demonstrable writing skills
- Other language would be desirable
Application deadline is 28th February 2019. Apply with a CV and cover letter here.
The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board (IHRB) is the Regulatory Body for horseracing in Ireland. The IHRB is responsible for the integrity and reputation of Irish horseracing. It is also responsible for the licensing of all participants in Irish racing.
The IHRB wishes to recruit a full-time Communications Manager to lead communications management and oversee day-to-day operations with a focus on developing and delivering the communications plan for the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board.
Reporting to the Head of Raceday Operations the main responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of a communications strategy targeting key stakeholders and the public
- Creation and delivery of PR and communication strategies for all media platforms
- Building up working relationships with key journalists and the media
- Maintenance and update of the website in respect of areas of responsibility
- Ensure effective monitoring of media, website and social media
- Ensuring that all Members and Staff are aware of and adhere to the Social Media Policy
- Dealing with regular media queries and responding in a timely manner
- Attendance at disciplinary hearings and preparation and dissemination of media releases
- Assist in the delivery of appropriate elements of the 2018-2022 Strategic plan
- Liaison with external PR agency
The ideal candidates will have:
- A detailed knowledge of racing and key stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills and initiative
- Ability to anticipate issues which could cause controversy
- Media experience and/or experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of IT and all social media apps and websites.
Candidates will need to be flexible and prepared to work unsocial hours, weekends and some evenings on an on-going basis.
Anyone interested in being considered for the position should submit a comprehensive CV and a covering letter setting out why they feel they should be considered. Applications should be sent by post or email to:
Ann Whelan, Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board, The Curragh, Co. Kildare.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 15th February 2019
Apply online here.
Based in our Leopardstown office, MSD is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and experienced Communications Manager to drive and execute an integrated multi-channel communications strategy in support of appropriate access and uptake of MSD vaccines in Ireland.
The candidate will have a proven track record in developing and leading the implementation of strategic communications programmes, will be comfortable working in a fast-moving corporate environment and will be able to demonstrate proven ability to work within a matrix structure.
At MSD Ireland, we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs.
MSD Ireland is one of the country’s leading healthcare companies, having first established here over 50 years ago. We currently employ approximately 2,000 employees, across five sites in Ballydine, Co Tipperary, Brinny, Co Cork, Carlow and Dublin and, in addition, operate substantial Human Health and Animal Health businesses.
In total to date, we have invested $2.5 billion in our Irish operations and our annual turnover ranks us as one of Ireland’s top 20 companies. Currently, our Irish sites manufacture approximately half of MSD’s top twenty products, saving and enhancing lives in over sixty countries around the world.
With almost 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, you will be joining one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
MSD’s Human Health division based in Red Oak, Leopardstown in Dublin performs a suite of core functions that are central to the strength and capability of MSD’s operations across Ireland. The site’s primary services include Clinical Research, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Sales, Policy & Communications and Marketing.
MSD Ireland’s Human Health team of over 100 people supports the advancement of a range of treatment areas such as Oncology, Vaccines, Diabetes and Immunology.
MSD is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and experienced Communications Manager to drive and execute an integrated multi-channel communications strategy in support of appropriate access and uptake of MSD vaccines in Ireland.
The candidate will have a proven track record in developing and leading the implementation of strategic communications programmes, will be comfortable working in a fast-moving corporate environment and will be able to demonstrate proven ability to work within a matrix structure.
The candidate will have a minimum of 7 years in-house or agency, communications and / or digital marketing creative experience and will have devised and implemented innovative, impactful campaigns to support communications and marketing objectives.
The successful candidate will be research-oriented, digitally savvy and will have excellent attention to detail. They will have the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and across a broad range of stakeholders.
The role will report directly to the Director for Policy, Government Affairs and Communications (PGA&C), and the successful candidate will be a member of the Policy, Govt Affairs and Communications Team while also working closely with the Internal Medicines and Vaccines Business Unit and Medical team. The PGA&C team operates at the centre of the business, regularly working on a cross functional basis across treatment areas and business initiatives.