WHPR scooped the coveted Agency of the Year award at last night’s 2012 Social Media Awards beating off stiff competition from some of Ireland’s leading digital agencies.
Brian Bell, managing director, WHPR commented; “We are very fortunate to be working with such amazing clients that provide us with the opportunity to develop and implement brilliant digital campaigns on their behalf. At WHPR, our focus is on providing integrated PR and digital solutions ensuring a cohesive approach to all communications activity.”
In addition to the Agency of the Year award, WHPR also picked up an award for The National Lottery in the Best Facebook Page for a Business (non-campaign) category. The agency was also short-listed in six categories for the following brands; Marks and Spencer, Captain Morgan, Guinness, Eason and the Dublin Marathon.
“We have been making great inroads in our digital capabilities over the last number of years and it is now one of the key pillars of our business. We are very excited about future developments in digital and the opportunities that will come through on-going innovation. We are delighted to have received such an accolade in the Irish Social Media Awards,” he added.
As part of the global Ogilvy network, WHPR has access to a wealth of experience and knowledge in all aspects of digital. At WHPR, we have a team of digital strategists embedded across all of our six practice areas; corporate, consumer marketing, lifestyle, health, public affairs and sports marketing. We work on all aspects of digital from strategy and channel planning through to content creation, app builds and influencer engagement.
Further details about the Awards can be found at the Social Media Awards website
Full List of Winners:
- Facebook Page for a business (Non-campaign) – National Lottery
- Facebook Page for a business (Owner managed) – Spin 1038
- Facebook Page for non-profit/organisation – Cork Opera House
- Integrated Facebook campaign (Page, app and ads) – Lidl Ireland
- Video/Video campaign (Non-broadcast) – Vodafone Ireland
- Blog of a business – Blacknight
- Best business Twitter account (Marketing, sales) – Spin 1038
- Best business Twitter account (Support, CRM) – Irish Rail and Eircom
- Best business Twitter campaign – Buyers Broker
- Best use of social media in an election – Labour Party campaign
- Best use of social media for a sponsorship campaign – O2 Ireland
- Innovative use of social media – Brando Digital
- Customer care using social media (Integrated) – Vodafone Ireland
- Use of social media by State body – Fáilte Ireland
- Integrated social media campaign – Electric Ireland
- Social media effectiveness – Lidl Ireland
- Online PR campaign – OMG! Jedward’s Dream Factory
- Best mobile app (Marketing) – CarZone.ie
- Agency of the year – WHPR
- Grand Prix – Vodafone Ireland